Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Please? Thank you? No more.

Sometimes I wonder if manners have gone out the window.
Now just hear me out.
I made sound like an old lady on the rampage but I'm serious!
 
For example, today I stopped at Old Navy yesterday
(I couldn't resist) they had their leggings for $10 plus 30% off yesterday
so I got some for only $7 a pair!
 
Walking in I held the door open for a lady I would guess to be in her 30's
Did she say thank you?
Nope.
Did she even acknowledge I did with a nod or a smile?
Nope.
I just think saying thank you after someone holds a door open for you
goes a long way.
 
Another one that I tend to deal with are inmates.
If I give them something,
toilet paper, commisary, book cart, etc.
they don't say thank you, they just EXCPECT it to be given to
them. Maybe that's why they are in jail partially.
They just think that everything should be given to them.
 
Now I'm not saying I'm perfect. Maybe it was the way I was
raised, but I almost always say PLEASE or THANK YOU
after someone does something for me.
My parents, always reminded me to thank others
after they gave me something.
 

 



 

 
 
 
 
post signature

5 comments:

  1. I am totally dying at the last pin. I totally agree with you. I try hard to always be conscious of my manners, so when others aren't, it upsets me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I feel the same! At least a half-hearted smile or some kind of acknowledgment. Geez! At least you're building up your good karma :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing bothers me more than rude people. Sadly they make up like 75% of humanity. Lame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband & I were raised the same way. Our parents probably would have smacked us if we didn't say please or thank you! Needless to say, I feel the same way you do... It drives me crazy when people don't give you some kind of acknowledgement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I share in your sentiments....it is SO frustrating. I was raised to be very polite, so I'm actually offended when people don't bother to use any manners. If I forget to say thank you, I literally loose sleep at night and can actually hear my mother giving me hell, lol.

    ReplyDelete