Thursday, October 25, 2012

Friendship Thursday


Hi! Welcome to the Thursday edition of Friendship Week. Today's topic?

Worst friend memory. And what you

learned from that experience. You don't have to be


specific, you can focus on the lesson you learned.


I think today's link up topic is great. It shows a real side to blogging which is something I like. Not everything has to be glitz and glamour. It shows that we are human and real things happen to us. So without further a do, here is my worst friend memory.

This happened back in June actually and it all started with a birthday party. I had made a post on facebook about how I was getting sushi for dinner. My best friend at the time seemed annoyed via text that I posted that. I told her I couldn't come because I was saving my vacation time because my husband and I were going through the invetro process.

Long story short we started fighting via text the entire day about why I couldn't take off for her birthday 'weekend' etc. (Keep in mind I came up to her house the week before to celebrate her birthday with her since I couldn't make it to her birthday party)
My best friend and I had been best friends for over 14 years. She was my maid of honor.
She called me some horrible names via text a word that rhymes with 'runt'
To make matters worse the purpose that I am co hosting this link up with became involved. I was texting her (Miranda) while all of this was going on. She texted my 'best friend' back and told her to stop calling me names. My'best friend' then took some low shots to Miranda.
Things ended up escalating and getting heated.
My 'best friend' and I 'made up' a few months ago and apologized on both ends. I said some mean things I shouldn't have said and so did she. However our friendship with never be the same and that's what hurts the most.
She also said to me that I only have family as friends because I don't know how to maintain a friendship with other people.
I'm not one to have a ton of friends. Just a good handful, that's all I ever really needed. Losing her as a best friend hurt more then anyone will ever know.
We still talk casually and text...I will always love her no matter what but our friendship will never be what it once was.
Sorry for the 'debbie downer' post but like I said it's a real post I think!
So what is your worst friend experience? How did you handle it? What did you learn from it?







 
AT
AT